Monday, November 11, 2013

Stockings for Soldiers


Good Evening Everyone,

I hope you all had a nice weekend. Since today is Veteran’s Day I wanted to share something with you regarding our troops.

 At work yesterday I learned that a co-worker of mine participates in a program that gives stockings to deployed soldiers. She was telling me that she has family deployed overseas. She started participating in this program as her way of giving back at Christmas time. I listened as she told me about how the soldiers are always running out of the necessities and how she wanted to help fill those needs. She told me about the program and said it’s a great way of giving a little Christmas spirit to the soldiers who can’t be home with their loved ones for Christmas.


I have decided I want to help her out with this program and want to spread the word.  I asked her for a list of items that the soldiers could use. I wanted to share the list with you all.




Here are some of the main items on the list. Everything must be small or “travel size” because they must be able to fit it in their bag:

·       Hand Sanitizer
·       Breath Mints
·       Mouthwash
·       Mouthwash strips
·       Pens and paper to write letters
·       Crystal Light/Flavor Packets for water bottles
·       Baby Wipes
·       Hand Cream
·       Mini nail polishes (They can’t paint their fingernails but they can paint their toenails)
·       Chapstick
·       Hair Elastics
·       Barbie Pins
·       And anything else travel size that would be nice to add to the stocking
·       I also thought it would be nice to send Christmas cards to the soldiers as well.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post. I’m not asking for your money or anything like that. I just wanted to share this great program with you all.
If you are interested in helping, the deadline for items is November 25th.

Thanks everyone! Have a nice night. 



No comments:

Post a Comment